At Our Lady Queen of Peace Primary, we offer each child the opportunity to come to know Jesus and our Catholic heritage.
The essential goal of Religious Education in a Catholic school is to encourage and assist children in their growth to Christian maturity. The Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta curriculum, Sharing our Story is implemented in each classroom and Religious Education is integrated into everyday life in the school. It governs all contact between community members as we strive to promote the dignity of each person and create a faith community that reflects God's love.
Religious education enables children to:
- know and love God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- develop an awareness that God is our friend who loves us and walks with us every day of our lives
- experience, within a secure school environment, the confidence to cope with life
- grow as active and supportive members of our faith community
- know, share and respond to Jesus' message of love
The children are involved in organising and attending class and school liturgies; with parents most welcome to join our celebrations.
OLQP Sacramental programs are family-based within the parish. The school’s role is to support the parish sacramental program. As a parish primary school we exist to provide the children with the opportunity of living in a caring, Christian community that gives witness to the Gospel values it proclaims. The parish school exists to support you, the parents, with the development of faith and Christian values in your children.
Daily prayer and regular liturgical celebrations are crucial dimensions of our Religious Education program.