National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD) is on Friday 17 May 2019.
Celebrating its 20th year, it is a campaign and annual event when all primary school children, their parents and carers are encouraged to walk and commute regularly and safely to school. It is a community event seeking to promote Road Safety, Health, Public Transport and the Environment.
To register your school, visit www.walk.com.au/WSTSD/.
Top 5 tips for parents to get walking to school
- Walk some or if you can, walk all the way to school
- Get off the bus, train, or tram a few stops earlier and walk the rest fo the way
- Leave the car at least 1km away from school and walk the rest of the way
- Set your alarm 30 minutes earlier to fit in a walk to school
- If you cant walk in the morning, walk home after school.